Posted on

growing cannabis faq

Growing cannabis faq

We serve the people of Montana and are here to help you through this time of crisis.

We encourage all Montanans to file early and electronically. This is the easiest and most secure way to file and get your refund as quickly as possible.

As of January 1, 2021, adults 21 and over may possess and use up to one ounce of marijuana with no criminal penalties.

Yes, if you change your price and that price is offered to all customers, that is the new established retail price.

Payment and Filing Options

The tax will be applied on the established retail price for the product. Discounts for a group or individual do not change the established retail price.

Contact your local law enforcement agency for more information.

These limits do not apply to sales by licensed medical marijuana providers to medical marijuana cardholders.

As a cannabis provider, can I compensate my employee(s) with room and board or any other type of non-cash payments?

No, except that providers licensed under the Montana Medical Marijuana Program may sell marijuana and marijuana products to registered cardholders in the program.

Marijuana (except medical marijuana) is prohibited in hospitals and other health care facilities.

Growing cannabis faq

Information on federal regulations on edible cannabis can be found here.

Where can I find information about health risks associated with cannabis use?

Despite the fact that cannabis is now legal and regulated in Canada, it will remain illegal to transport cannabis across Canada’s national borders. Visit the Canada Border Services Agency for more information.

What are my rights when travelling with cannabis?

You are allowed to possess up to 30 grams of dried cannabis (or equivalent) in a public place.